Professor and Director
TEL : 886-2-23123456#88606
FAX : 886-2-23410217
E-mail : email@example.com
National Taichung First Senior High School
Taipei Medical University
National Taiwan University, College of Medicine (PhD)
Training or working experiences:
1999, PhD in Pharmacology, National Taiwan University
2000~2004, Post-Doctor National Taiwan University Hospital
2004~2005, Assistant Professor, National Chung-Hsing University
2005~2008, Assistant Professor, National Yang-Ming University
2008~2009, Associate Professor, National Yang-Ming University
2010~2014, Associate Professor, National Taiwan University
2012~, Director, Graduate Institute of Toxicology, National Taiwan University Medical College
2012~, Director, Laboratory Animal Center (LAC), National Taiwan University Medical College
2014~, Professor, National Taiwan University
Publication List (2008-2014): *Corresponding author.
- Chen WJ, Ho CC, Chang YL, Chen HY, Lin CA, Lin TY, Yu SL, Yuan SS, Chen YL, Lin CY, Pan SH, Chou HYE, Chen YJ, Chang GC, Chu WC, Lee YM, Lee JY, Lee PJ, Li KC, Chen HW*, Yang PC*. Cancer-Associated Fibroblasts Regulate the Plasticity of Lung Cancer Stemness via Paracrine Signalling. Nature Communications 2014 Mar 25; 5:3472. *Corresponding author.
Nature-asia highlight: Cancer: Targeting cells that support lung tumours. http://www.natureasia.com/en/research/highlight/9208
- Li LH, Wu P, Lee JY, Li PR, Hsieh WY, Ho CC, Ho CL, Chen WJ, Wang CC, Yen MY, Yang SM, Chen HW*. Hinokitiol Induces DNA Damage and Autophagy followed by Cell Cycle Arrest and Senescence in Gefitinib-Resistant Lung Adenocarcinoma Cells. PLoS One. 2014 Aug 8;9(8):e104203. *Corresponding author.
- Ling TY, Liu YL, Huang YK, Gu SY, Chen HK, Ho CC, Tsao PN, Tung YC, Chen HW, Cheng CH, Lin KH, Lin FH. Differentiation of lung stem/progenitor cells into alveolar pneumocytes and induction of angiogenesis within a 3D gelatin - Microbubble scaffold. Biomaterials. 2014 Jul; 35(22):5660-9.
- Liu CW, Li CH, Peng YJ, Cheng YW, Chen HW, Liao PL, Kang JJ, Yeng MH. Snail regulates Nanog status during the epithelial-mesenchymal transition via the Smad1/Akt/GSK3β signaling pathway in non-small-cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2014 Jun 15;5(11):3880-94.
- Tsai MS, Huang CH, Tsai CY, Chen HW, Cheng HJ, Hsu CY, Chang WT, Chen WJ. Combination of intravenous ascorbic acid administration and hypothermia after resuscitation improves myocardial function and survival in a ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrest model in the rat. Acad Emerg Med. 2014 Mar;21(3):257-65.
- Wu P, Yuan SS, Ho CC, Hsieh WY, Hong QS, Yu SL, Chen W, Chen HY, Wang CD, Li KC, Yang PC, Chen HW*. Focal Amplification of HOXD-Harboring Chromosome Region Is Implicated in Multiple-Walled Carbon Nanotubes-Induced Carcinogenicity. Nano Letters 2013, Oct. 13(10):4632-41. *Corresponding author.
- Lai YH, Yu SL, Chen HY, Wang CC, Chen HW*, Chen JW*. Andrographolide induces the expression of the tumour suppressor HLJ1 to suppress cell cycle and cell invasion pathways in lung cancer. Carcinogenesis 2013 May;34(5):1069-80. *Corresponding author.
- Li LH, Yen MY, Ho CC, Wu P, Wang CC, Maurya PK, Chen PS, Chen W, Hsieh WY, Chen HW*. Non-cytotoxic nanomaterials enhance antimicrobial activities of cefmetazole against multidrug-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae. PLoS One. 2013 May 21;8(5):e64794. *Corresponding author.
- Hsieh WY, Chou CC, Ho CC, Yu SL, Chen HY, Chou HYE, Chen JJW, Chen HW*, Yang PC. Single-walled carbon nanotubes induce airway hyper-reactivity and parenchymal injury in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012 Feb;46(2):257-67. *Corresponding author.
- Lee YM, Chen HW*, Maurya PK, Su CM, Tzeng CR. MicroRNA regulation via DNA methylation during the morula to blastocyst transition in mice. Mol Hum Reprod. 2012 Apr;18(4):184-93. *Corresponding author.
- Lee YM, Lee JY, Ho CC, Hong QS, Yu SL, Tzeng CR, Yang PC, Chen HW*. MicroRNA 34b as a Tumor Suppressor in Estrogen-Dependent Growth of Breast Cancer Cells. Breast Cancer Res 2011 Nov 23;13(6):R116. *Corresponding author.
- Lee JY, Lee YM, Chang GC, Yu SL, Hsieh WY, Chen JJ, Chen HW*, Yang PC. Curcumin Induces EGFR Degradation in Lung Adenocarcinoma and Modulates p38 Activation in Intestine: The Versatile Adjuvant for Gefitinib Therapy. PLoS One. 2011;6(8):e23756. *Corresponding author.
- Yuan S, Yu SL, Chen HY, Hsu YC, Su KY, Chen HW, Chen CY, Yu CJ, Shih JY, Chang YL, Cheng CL, Hsu CP, Hsia JY, Lin CY, Wu G, Liu CH, Wang CD, Yang KC, Chen YW, Lai YL, Hsu CC, Lin TC, Yang TY, Chen KC, Hsu KH, Chen JJ, Chang GC, Li KC, Yang PC. (2011) Clustered Genomic Alterations in Chromosome 7p Dictate Outcomes and Targeted Treatment Responses of Lung Adenocarcinoma With EGFR-Activating Mutations. J Clin Oncol. 2011 Sep 1;29(25):3435-42.
- Chen HW*, Jen-Yi Lee, Ji-Ying Huang, Chi-Chung Wang , Wan-Jiun Chen, Sheng-Fang Su, Chia-Wen Huang, Chao-Chi Ho, Meng-Feng Tsai, Sung-Liang Yu, Jeremy JW Chen, and Pan-Chyr Yang* (2008) Curcumin Inhibits Lung Cancer Cell Invasion and Metastasis through the Tumor Suppressor HLJ1. Cancer Research, 68(18):7428-38. *Corresponding author.
- Chen HW, Liu JCC, Chen JJW, Lee YM, Huang JL, Tzeng CR. (2008) The Genes and Pathways Involved in Pathogenesis of Leiomyoma and Altered by Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Analogue. Fertility & Sterility, 90(4):1219-25.
- Chou CC, Hsiao HY, Hong QS, Chen CH, Peng YW, Chen HW *, Yang PC * (2008) Molecular Mechanisms of Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Induced Pulmonary Toxicity. Nano Letter, 8(2):437-445. *Corresponding author.
- Yu SL, Chen HY, Chang GC, Chen CY, Chen HW, Singh S, Cheng CL, Yu CJ, Lee YC, Chen HS, Su TJ, Chiang CC, Li HN, Hong QS, Su HY, Chen CC, Chen WJ, Liu CC, Chan WK, Chen WJ, Li KC, Chen JJ, Yang PC. (2008) MicroRNA signature in NSCLC. Cancer Cell 13(1):48-57.
- Chen WJ, Chen HW, Yang PC (2008) Baicalein inhibits tumor migration and invasion by modulating cell adhesion and declining RhoA pathway in highly invasive non-small-cell lung cancer cells. Proceedings of the AACR. Vol 49, #4151. *Corresponding author.
- Chen HW, Lee YM, Chen JJW, Tzeng CR (2007) Combining differential gene expression and pathway analyses to elucidate potential mechanisms of endometriosis (P-486), Human Reproduction Vol 22; Suppl1, i189. (SCI).
- Lee JY, Yu SL, Yang PC, Chen HW* (2007) Synergistic antitumor activity of epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib and curcumin in non-small-cell lung cancer. Proceedings of the AACR. Vol 48, #4783. *Corresponding author.
- Chen HW, Tzeng CR (2007) The novel serine proteases, prtn3 and prss23, in murine blastocyst development and hatching. Fertility and Sterility, Volume 88, Supplement 1, S312. (SCI).
- Chen HW, Hwang J and Tzeng C (2006) The genes and pathways involved in pathogenesis of leiomyoma and altered by gonadotropin releasing hormone analogue. Fertility and Sterility, Volume 86, Issue 3, Supplement 1, S343. (SCI).
- Chen HW, Su CM, Tzeng CR. (2005) Heme Oxygenase-1 as a Survival Factor in Pre-Implantation Embryo Development. Fertility and Sterility, Volume 84, Supplement 1, S379-S380. (SCI).
- Chen HW, Chen JJW, Yang PC. (2006) Proceedings of the AACR. Vol 47, p1322.
- Chen HW, Yu SL, Lee YT, Yang PC, Chen JJW. (2004) Proceedings of the AACR. Vol 45, p264.
- Chen HW, Su CM, Chen JJW, Tzeng CR (2004) To identify the hatching-specific expressed genes in pre-implantation mice blastocysts Fertility and Sterility, Volume 82, Supplement 2, S272-S272. (SCI).
- Chen HW, Yu SL, Lee YT, Yang PC, Chen JJW. (2003) Microarray analysis of metastatic-related gene expression in curcumin-treated lung adenocarcinoma cell lines. Proceedings of the AACR. Vol 44, p2766.
- Chen, HW, Li, H.N.; Chen, Jeremy J.W.; Yang, Vivian W.C.; Yu, S.L.; Tzeng, CR. (2002) Identification of endometriosis-related genes by cDNA microarray. Fertil & Steril. 78, Suppl 1, pp. S199. (SCI).
- Chen HW, Li HN, Lee YT, Yang PC, Chen JJW, Tzeng CR. (2002). Global analysis of differentially expressed genes in endometrium with or without endometriosis using human cDNA microarray. Fertil & Steril. 77 Suppl 1:S16 (SCI).
Outstanding Research Award, Taiwan Pharmacology Society, Taiwan
- 2012, 2013 travel grant award of the 71st Annual Meeting of the Japanese Cancer Association, September 19-21, in Sapporo, Japan.
- 2011, 行政院國家科學委員會100 年度吳大猷先生紀念獎
- 2010, American Association of Cancer Research and the Japanese Cancer Association, AACR-JCA. Scholar-in-Training Award (to Wan-Jiun Chen). Advisor: Huei-Wen Chen. AACR-JCA Annual Meeting in Waikoloa, Hawaii. Feb 5~9.
- 2009, American Association of Cancer Research, AACR-ITO EN, Ltd. Scholar-in-Training Award (to Wan-Yu Hsieh). Advisor: Huei-Wen Chen. The 100th Annual Meeting of AACR in Denver, April 18-22.
- 2008, American Association of Cancer Research, AACR-ITO EN, Ltd. Scholar-in-Training Award (to Wan-Jiun Chen). Advisor: Huei-Wen Chen. 2008 Annual Meeting of AACR in San Diego, April 12-16.
- 2006, Prize Paper, Taiwan Society for Reproductive Medicine (TSRM), Taipei, Taiwan, Aug. 26-27.
- 2005, (1st) Prize Paper in Basic Research Taiwan Society for Reproductive Medicine (TSRM), Taipei, Taiwan, Aug. 27-28.
- 2003, Best Poster Award, The 19th Annual Meeting of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), Madrid, Spain, June 30- July 3.
- 2002, Poster Award Candidate, the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), Seattle, Washington, October 12-17.
- 2001, Best Poster Award, The 17th Annual Meeting of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). Lausanne, Switzerland, July 1-5.