FACULTY AND THEIR RESEARCH
EDUCATION AND POSITIONS HELD:
1. 2013~now , Assistant Professor, National Taiwan University.
2. 2011~2013, Postdocral, Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica.
3. 2005~2010, National Taiwan University, PhD in Toxicology
National Taiwan University, MS in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
5. 1995~1999, National Taiwan Normal University, BS in Life Science.
(A) REFEREED PAPER
- Chien MH, Lee LM, Hsiao M, Wei LH, Chen CH, Lai TC, Hua KT, Chen MW, Sun CM, Kuo ML. Inhibition of Metastatic Potential in Breast Carcinoma In Vivo and In Vitro through Targeting VEGFRs and FGFRs. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:718380.
- Cheng TY, Wu MS, Lin JT, Lin MT, Shun CT, Huang HY, Hua KT, Kuo ML. Annexin A1 is associated with gastric cancer survival and promotes gastric cancer cell invasiveness through the formyl peptide receptor/extracellular signal-regulated kinase/integrin beta-1-binding protein 1 pathway. Cancer. 2012 Dec 1;118(23):5757-67.
- Wu MH, Tsai YT, Hua KT, Chang KC, Kuo ML, Lin MT. Eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid inhibit macrophage-induced gastric cancer cell migration by attenuating the expression of matrix metalloproteinase 10. J Nutr Biochem. 2012 Nov;23(11):1434-9.
- Su JL, Cheng X, Yamaguchi H, Chang YW, Hou CF, Lee DF, Ko HW, Hua KT, Wang YN, Hsiao M, Chen PB, Hsu JM, Bast RC Jr, Hortobagyi GN, Hung MC. FOXO3a-Dependent Mechanism of E1A-Induced Chemosensitization. Cancer Res. 2011 Nov 1;71(21):6878-87.
- Chen PS, Su JL, Cha ST, Tarn WY, Wang MY, Hsu HC, Lin MT, Chu CY, Hua KT, Chen CN, Kuo TC, Chang KJ, Hsiao M, Chang YW, Chen JS, Yang PC, Kuo ML. miR-107 promotes tumor progression by targeting the let-7 microRNA in mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2011 Sep;121(9):3442-55.
- Hua KT, Tan CT, Johansson G, Lee JM, Yang PW, Lu HY, Su JL, Chen PB, Wu YL, Chi CC, Kao HJ, Shih HJ, Chen MW, Chien MH, Chen PS, Lee WJ, Cheng TY, Rosenberger G, Chai CY, Yang CJ, Huang MS, Lai TC, Chou TY, Hsiao M, Kuo ML. Naa10p suppresses cancer cell metastasis by binding to PIX/Cool proteins and inhibiting Cdc42/Rac1 activity. Cancer Cell. 2011 Feb 15; 19(2):218-31.
- Chen MW*, Hua KT*, Kao HJ, Chi CC, Wei LH, Johansson G, Shiah SG, Chen PS, Jeng YM, Cheng TY, Lai TC, Chang JS, Jan YH, Chien MH, Yang CJ, Huang MS, Hsiao M, Kuo ML. H3K9 histone methyltransferase G9a promotes lung cancer invasion and metastasis by silencing the cell adhesion molecule Ep-CAM. Cancer Res. 2010 Oct 15; 70(20):7830-40. (Hua KT and Chen MW equal contribution).
- Chien MH, Ku CC, Johansson G, Chen MW, Hsiao M, Su JL, Inoue H, Hua KT, Wei LH, Kuo ML. Vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) promotes angiogenesis by induction of COX-2 in leukemic cells via the VEGF-R3/JNK/AP-1 pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2009 Dec; 30(12):2005-13.
- Chen PS, Wang MY, Wu SN, Su JL, Hong CC, Chuang SE, Chen MW, Hua KT, Wu YL, Cha ST, Babu MS, Chen CN, Lee PH, Chang KJ, Kuo ML. CTGF enhances the motility of breast cancer cells via an integrin-alphavbeta3-ERK1/2- dependent S100A4-upregulated pathway. J Cell Sci. 2007 Jun 15; 120(Pt 12):2053-65.
- Hua KT, Way TD, Lin JK. Pentagalloylglucose inhibits estrogen receptor alpha by lysosome-dependent depletion and modulates ErbB/PI3K/Akt pathway in human breast cancer MCF-7 cells. Mol Carcinog. 2006 Aug; 45(8):551-60.
(B) CONFERENCE PAPER
- Hua KT, Kuo ML. (2012) Naa10p, a novel regulator of GTPase and suppressor of metastasis. (CP110: Mechanism of Metastasis and Invasion) The 5th Anniversary of World Cancer Congress (WCC).
- Hua KT, Tan CT, Johansson G, Lee JM, Yang PW, Lu HY, Su JL, Chen PB, Wu YL, Chi CC, Kao HJ, Shih HJ, Chen MW, Chien MH, Chen PS, Lee WJ, Cheng TY, Rosenberger G, Chai CY, Yang CJ, Huang MS, Lai TC, Chou TY, Hsiao M, Kuo ML. (2010) Naa10p suppresses cancer cell metastasis by binding to PIX/Cool proteins and inhibiting Cdc42/Rac1 activity. American Association for Cancer Research 101st Annual Meeting 2010.
- Hua KT, Chen MW, Kuo ML. (2013) The H3K9 methyltransferase G9a is a marker of aggressive ovarian cancer that promotes tumor invasion and metastasis. Ninth AACR-Japanese Cancer Association Joint Conference: Breakthroughs in Basic and Translational Cancer Research.
- 21st Wang Ming-Ning Award, Wang Ming-Ning Memorial Foundation, 2011.
- Gold Prize for the Best Poster Award, Merck Millipore Asia Bioforum, 2011.
Excellent Ph.D. thesis Award of College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 2010.