|||Jaw-Jou Kang |
TEL : 886-2-23123456#88603
FAX : 886-2-23410217
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
BS in Pharmacy, NTU
Ph.D in Chemistry, UCSD
Post Doctoral Fellow, Boston Biomedical Research Institute
Associate Professor, Institute of Toxicology, NTU
Professor, Institute of Toxicology, NTU
Adjunct Professor, School of Pharmacy, NTU
Leader, Toxicologic section, Drug Research Center, College of Medicine, NTU
Director, Drug Research Center, College of Medicine, NTU
Director-General, Food and Drug Administration, Department of Health, Executive Yuan.
1. Specific interactions of xanthene dyes with nucleotide-binding sites of membrane energy-transducing enzymes and carriers. Neslund, G.G., Miara, J.E., Kang, J.J. and Dahms, A.S. Current Topics in Cellular Regulation 24:447-469, 1984.
2. Structural and enzymatic, and regulatory of the skeletal muscle transverse tubule MgATPase. Kang, J.J., Jaschec-Schmidt, C., Cunningham, H.B., Priest, A.M., Norton, K.C., Sabbadini, R.A. and Dahms, A.S. Annals of the New York Academic of Sciences 603:530-533, 1990.
3. Effects of dihydropyridines on calcium release from the isolated membrane complex consisting of the transverse tubule and sarcoplasmic reticulum. Ohkusa, T., Carlos, A.D., Kang, J.J., Smilowitz, H. and Ikemoto, N. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 175:271-276, 1991. (SCI)
4. Conformational change of the foot protein of sarcoplasmic reticulum as an initial event of calcium release. Ohkusa, T., Kang, J.J., Morii, M. and Ikemoto, N. Journal of Biochemistry (Tokyo) 109:609-615, 1991. (SCI)
5. Intravesicular calcium transient during calcium release from sarcoplasmic reticulum. Ikemoto, N., Antoniu, B., Kang, J.J., Meszaros, L.G., Ronjat, M. Biochemistry 30:5230-5237, 1991. (SCI)
6. Direct effects of phorbol esters and diacylglycerols on the T-tubule Mg2+-ATPase. Kang, J.J., Cunningham, H.B., Jachec, C., Priest, A., Dahms, A.S. and Sabbadini, R.A. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 290:214-223, 1991. (SCI)
7. Conformational changes in the foot protein of the sarcoplasmic reticulum assessed by site-directed fluorescence labelling. Kang, J.J., Tarcsafalvi, A., Carlos, A.D., Fujimoto, E., Shahrokh, Z., Thevenin, B.J.M., Shohet, S.B., and Ikemoto, N. Biochemistry 31:3288-3293, 1992. (SCI)
8. A novel photoactivatable cross-linker for the functionally-directed region-specific fluorescent labeling of proteins. Thevenin, B.J.M., Shahrokh, Z., Williard, R.L., Fujimoto, E., Kang, J.J., Ikemoto, N., and Shohet, S.B. European Journal of Biochemistry 206:471-477, 1992. (SCI)
9. Effects of anti-triadin antibody on calcium release from sarcoplasmic reticulum. Brandt, N.R., Caswell, A., Brunshing, P., Kang, J.J., Antoniu, B., and Ikemoto, N. FEBS Letter 299:57-59, 1992. (SCI)
10. Characterization of "depolarization"-induced calcium release from sarcoplasmic reticulum in vitro with the use of membrane potential probe. Ikemoto, N., Antoniu, B. and Kang, J.J. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 184:538-543, 1992. (SCI)
11. Characterization of a muscle membrane ATPase glycoprotein. Yazaki, PJ., Cunningham, HB., Kang, JJ., Jachec, C., Hunt, SA., Domingo, RC., Sabbadini, RA., Dahms, AS. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 311:425-426, 1992. (SCI)
12. Muscle contracture and twitch depression induced by arsenite in the mouse phrenic nerve-diaphragm. Hsu, KS., Kang, JJ., Lin-Shiau, SY. Japanese Journal of Pharmacology 62:161-168, 1993. (SCI)
13. Effects of signalling transduction modulators on the transformed phenotypes in v-H-ras-transformed NIH 3T3 cells. Kuo, ML., Kang, JJ., Yang, NC. Cancer Letter 74:197-202, 1993. (SCI)
14. Effects of bipyridylium compounds on calcium release from triadic vesicles isolated from rabbit skeletal muscle. Kang, J.J., Hsu, K.S., and Lin-Shiou, S.Y. British Journal of Pharmacology 112:1216-1222, 1994. (SCI)
15. Cytochrome P450: Enzyme regulation and toxicological significance. Ueng, T.H., Kang, J.J., Chao, I.C. and Chen Y.C. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis 4:13-23, 1996.
16. Effect of hydroxypropyl-s-cyclodextrin on the solubility, photostability and in vitro permeability of alkannin/shikonin enantiomers. Chen, C.Y., Chen, F.A., Wu, A.B., Hsu, H.C., Kang, J.J. and Cheng, H.W. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 141:171-178, 1996. (SCI)
17. Modulation of microsomal cytochrome P450 by Scutellariae Radix and Gentianae Scabrae Radix in rat liver. Kang, J.J., Chen, Y.C., Kuo, W.C., Chen, T., Cheng, Y.W., Kuo, M.L. and Ueng, T.H. American Journal Chinese Medicine XXIV:19-29, 1996. (SCI)
18. Induction of calcium release from sarcoplasmic reticulum of skeletal muscle by xanthone and norathyriol. Kang, J.J., Cheng, Y.W., Ko, F.N., Kuo, M.L., Lin, C.N. and Teng, C.M. British Journal of Pharmacology 118:1736-1742, 1996. (SCI)
19. Induction of calcium release from isolated sarcoplasmic reticulum by triphenyltin. Kang, J.J., Chen, I.L. and Cheng, Y.W. Journal of Biochemistry (Tokyo) 122:173-177, 1997. (SCI)
20. Suppression of microsomal cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenases and mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation by fullerenol, a polyhydroxylated fullerene C60. Ueng, T.H., Kang, J.J., Wang, H.W., Cheng, Y.W., Chiang, L.Y. Toxicology Letters, 93, 29-37, 1997. (SCI)
21. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons induced vasorelaxation through induction of nitric oxide formation in endothelium of rat aorta. Kang, J.J. and Cheng, Y.W. Toxicology Letters, 93, 39-45, 1997. (SCI)
22. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons inhibited the activity of acetylcholinesterase purified from electric eel. Kang, J.J. and Fang, H.W. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 238, 367-369, 1997. (SCI)
23. Mechanism of vasorelaxation of thoracic aorta caused by xanthone. Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. European Journal of Pharmacology, 336, 23-28, 1997. (SCI)
24. Modulation of cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenase, glutathione and glutathione S-transferase in rat liver by geniposide from Gardenia Jasminosides. Kang, J.J., Wang, H.W., Liu, T.Y., Chen Y.C. and Ueng, T.H. Food and Chemical Toxicology 35:957-967, 1997. (SCI)
25. An overview of the toxicology of commonly used traditional Chinese Medicine. Ueng, T.H., Kang, J.J., Wang, H.W. and Lin, P.C. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis 5:241-264, 1997.
26. Comparative studies on the induction of muscle contracture in mouse diaphragm and Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum vesicles by organotin compounds. Kang, J.J., Liu, S.H., Chen, I.L., Cheng, Y.W. and Lin-Shiau, S.Y. Pharmacology and Toxicology 82:23-27, 1998. (SCI)
27. Litebamine N-homologues: preparation and anticholinesterase activity. Chiou, C.M., Kang, J.J. and Lee, S.S. Journal of Natural Product 61:46-50, 1998. (SCI)
28. Effects of boldine on mouse diaphragm and sarcoplasmic reticulum vesicles isolated from skeletal muscle. Kang, J.J. and Cheng, Y.W. Planta Medica 64:18-21, 1998. (SCI)
29. Studies on neuromuscular blockade by boldine in the mouse phrenic nerve-diaphragm. Kang, J.J., Cheng, Y.W. and Fu, W.M. Japanese Journal of Pharmacology, 76:207-211, 1998. (SCI)
30. Emodin-induced muscle contraction of mouse diaphragm and the involvement Ca2+ influx and Ca2+ release from sarcoplasmic reticulum. Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. British Journal of Pharmacology 123:815-820, 1998. (SCI)
31. hexachlorocyclohexane induced DNA fragmentation in HL-60 cells is mediated through intracellular Ca2+ release pathway. Kang, J.J., Chen, I.L. and Yen-Yang, H.F. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 36, 513-520, 1998. (SCI)
32. Inhibition of agonist-induced vasocontraction and impairment of endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation by extract of motorcycle exhaust particles in vitro. Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 56:101-113, 1999. (SCI)
33. Induction of skeletal muscle contracture and calcium release from isolated sarcoplasmic reticulum vesicles by sanguinarine. Hu, C.M., Cheng, H.W., Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. British Journal of Pharmacology 130:299-306, 2000. (SCI)
34. Effects of Cartap on isolated mouse phrenic nerve diaphragm and its related mechanism. Liao, J.W., Kang, J.J., Liu, S.H., Jeng, C.R., Cheng, Y.W., Hu, C.M., Tsai, S.F., Wang, S.C. and Pang, V.F. Toxicological Sciences 55:453-459, 2000. (SCI)
35. Alterations in the properties and isoforms of sciatic nerve Na,K-ATPase in methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl-treated mice. Liu, S.H., Wang, J.H., Kang, J.J., Lin, R.H. and Lin-Shiau, S.Y. Environmental Research 82:239-244, 2000. (SCI)
36. Mechanisms underlying the induction of vasorelaxation in rat thoracic aorta by sanguinarine. Hu, C.M., Cheng, H.W., Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. Japanese Journal of Pharmacology 85:47-53, 2001. (SCI)
37. Chalcones as potent antiplatelet angents and calcium channel blockers. Lin, C.N., Hsieh, H.K., Ko, H.H., Hsu, M.F., Lin, H.C., Chang, Y.L., Chung, M.I., Kang, J.J., Wang, J.P., and Teng, C.M. Drug Development Research 53:9-14, 2001. (SCI)
38. Synthesis, antiplatelet and vasorelaxing effects of monooxygenated flavones and flavonoxypropanolaines. Chung, M.I., Han, F.W., Lin, H.C., Liou, S.S., Huang, P.L., Ko, H.H., Chang, Y.L., Kang, J.J., Teng, C.M. and Lin, C.N. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 53:1601-1609, 2001 (SCI)
39. Antihypertensive and vasorelaxing activities of synthetic xanthone derivatives. Wang, L.W., Kang, J.J., Chen, I.J., Teng, C.M. and Lin, C.N. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry 10:567-572, 2002 (SCI)
40. Extract of motorcycle exhaust particles induced macrophages apoptosis by calcium-dependent manner. Lee, C.C. and Kang, J.J. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 15:1534-1542, 2002. (SCI)
41. Induction of vasorelaxation through activation of nitric oxide synthase in endothelial cells by brazilin. Hu, C.M., Kang, J.J. and Cheng, Y.W. European Journal of Pharmacology, 468, 37-45, 2003. (SCI)
42. Alpha-naphthoflavone induces vasorelaxation through the induction of extracellular calcium influx and NO formation in endothelium. Cheng, Y.W., Li, C.H., Lee, C.C. and Kang, J.J. NS-Archieves of Pharmacology, 368, 377-385, 2003. (SCI)
43. Reactive oxygen species are crucial for hydroxychavicol toxicity toward KB epithelial cells, Jeng, J.H., Wang, Y.L.., Chang, W.H., Wu, H.L., Li, C.H., Uang, B.J., Kang, J.J., Lee, J.J., Hahn, L.J. Lin, B.R. and Chang, M.C. Cellular and Molecular Life Science 61:001-14, 2004. (SCI)
44. Impairment of vascular funcitonof rat thoracic aorta in an endothelium dependent manner by shikonin/alkannin and derivatives isolated from roots of Macrotomia euchroma, Hu, C.M., Cheng, Y.W., Cheng, H.W. and Kang, J.J. Planta Medica 70:23-28, 2004. (SCI)
45. Motorcycle exhaust particles induce airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness in BALB/c mice, Lee, C.C., Liao, J.W. and Kang, J.J. Toxicological Sciences, 79:326-334, 2004. (SCI)
46. Activation and Up-regulation of Nitric Oxide Synthase in Human Umbilical VeinEndothelial Cells by Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Li, C.H., Lee, C.C., Cheng, Y.W. Juang, H.A.and Kang, J.J. Toxicology Letters, 151(2):367-374, 2004. (SCI)
47. Genotoxicity of Motorcycle-exhaust Particulate in Vivo and in Vitro, Cheng, Y.W., Lee, W.W., Li, C.H., Lee, C.C. and Kang, J.J. Toxicological Sciences, 81:103-111, 2004. (SCI)
48. Induction of contracture and extracellular Ca2+ influx in cardiac muscle by sanguinarin: a study on cardiotoxicity of sanguinarion. Hu, C.M., Cheng, Y.W., Liao, J.W., Cheng, H.W. and Kang, J.J. Journal of Biomedical Science, 12:399-407, 2005. (SCI)
49. Cholesterol-3-beta, 5-alpha, 6-beta-triol induced genotoxicity through reactive oxygen species formation. Cheng YW, Kang JJ, Shih YL, Lo YL, Wang CF. Food Chemical Toxicology. 43:617-622, 2005. (SCI)
50. Motorcycle Exhaust Particles Induce IL-8 Production through NF-B Activation in Human Airway Epithelial Cells, Lee, C.C., Cheng, Y.W. and Kang, J.J. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health PartA, 68, 1537-1555, 2005. (SCI)
51. Chloramphenicol-induced mitochondrial stress increases P21 expression and prevents cell apoptosis through a P21 dependent pathway. Ching-Hao Li, Su-Liang Tzeng, Yu-Wen Cheng, and Jaw-Jou Kang, Journal Biological Chemistry, 280, 26193-26199, 2005. (SCI)
52. Naphthazarin and methylnaphthazarin cause vascular dysfunction by impairment of endothelium-derived nitric oxide and increased superoxide anion generation. Kang, JJ, Lee PJ, Chen YJ, Lee CC, Li CH, Cheng HW, Cheng YW. Toxicology in vitro, 20, 43-51, 2006. (SCI)
53. Cartap-induced cytotoxicity in mouse C2C12 myoblast cell line and the roles of calcium ion and oxidative stress on the toxic effects. Liao JW, Kang JJ, Jeng CR, Chang SK, Kuo MJ, Wang SC, Liu RS, Pang VF. Toxicology, 219, 73-84, 2006. (SCI)
54. Physiological and functional interactions between TCF4 and Daxx in colon cancer cells. Tzeng, SL, Cheng, YW, Lee, CH, Lin, YS, Hsu, HC and Kang, JJ. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 281, 15405-15411, 2006. (SCI)
55. Inhibition of intestinal glucose uptake by aporphines and secoaporphines. Lin, CJ, Chen, CH, Liu, FW, Kang, JJ, Chen, CK, Lee, SL, and Lee, SS. Life Science, 79, 144-153, 2006. (SCI)
56. Chan YC, Chang SC, Hsuan SL, Chien MS, Lee WC, Kang JJ, Wang SC, Liao JW. Cardiovascular effects of herbicides and formulated adjuvants on isolated rat aorta and heart. Toxicol In Vitro. 2007; 21:595-603.
57. Lee CC, Cheng YW, Liao JW, Chiang BL, Lai YL, Kang JJ. Motorcycle exhaust particles augment antigen-induced airway inflammation in BALB/c mice. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2008;71:405-12.
58. Liao PL, Cheng YW, Li CH, Lo YL, Kang JJ. Cholesterol-3-beta,5-alpha, 6-beta-triol induced PI3K-Akt-eNOS-dependent cyclooxygenase-2 expression in endothelial cells. Toxicol Lett 28:190(2):172-178, 2009. (SCI)
59. Lin MC, Cheng HW, Tsai YC, Liao PL, Cheng YW, Kang JJ. Podophyllin, but not the constituents of quercetin and kaempferol, induced genotoxicity in vitro and in vivo through ROS production. Drug and Chemical Toxicology. (32):68-76, 2009. (SCI)
60. H Liao PL, Cheng YW, Li CH, Wang YT, Kang JJ. 7-Ketocholesterol and cholesterol-5alpha, 6alpha-epoxide induce smooth muscle cell migration and proliferation through the epidermal growth factor receptor/phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathways. Toxicol Lett. 16;197(2):88-96.(SCI).
61. H Li CH, Cheng YW, Liao PL, Yang YT, Kang JJ. Chloramphenicol causes mitochondrial stress, decreases ATP biosynthesis, induces matrix metalloproteinase-13 expression, and solid-tumor cell invasion. Toxicol Sci.116(1):140-50,2010. (SCI)
62. Li CH, Cheng YW , Liao PL, and Kang JJ. Translocation of p53 to Mitochondria Is Regulated by Its Lipid Binding Property to Anionic Phospholipids and It Participates in Cell Death Control. Neoplasia 12(2):150-60, 2010. (SCI)
63. Lee CC, Wang CN, Lai YT, Kang JJ, Liao JW, Chiang BL, Chen HC, Cheng YW. Shikonin inhibits maturation of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells and suppresses allergic airway inflammation in a murine model of asthma. Br J Pharmacol. 161(7):1496-511, 2010. (SCI)
64. Cheng YW, Lou HY, Lee SS, Liao JW, Cheng HW, Li CH, Liao PL, Kang JJ. Safety Assessment of Musk Substitute from Nutria of Myocastor Coypus in Mice. J. Food Drug Aanlysis.18: 380-390.
65. Kuo CH, Lee CW, Lin SC, Tsai IL, Lee SS, Tseng YJ, Kang JJ, Peng FC, Wei-Chu L. Rapid determination of aristolochic acids I and II in herbal products and biological samples by ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Talanta. 2010 Mar 15;80(5):1672-80.
66. Li CH, Cheng YW, Hsu YT, Hsu YJ, Liao PL, Kang JJ. Benzo[a]pyrene inhibits angiogenic factors-induced alphavbeta3 integrin expression, neovasculogenesis, and angiogenesis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Toxicol Sci. 118(2):544-53, 2010.(SCI)
67. Lee CC, Kang JJ, Chiang BL, Wang CN, Cheng YW. Shikonin inhibited mitogen-activated IL-4 and IL-5 production on EL-4 cells through downregulation of GATA-3 and c-Maf induction. Life Sci. 2011 Sep 12;89(11-12):364-70.
68. Li CH, Shen CC, Cheng YW, Huang SH, Wu CC, Kao CC, Liao JW, Kang JJ. Organ biodistribution, clearance, and genotoxicity of orally administered zinc oxide nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2012 Nov;6(7):746-56. doi: 10.3109/17435390.2011.620717. Epub 2011 Sep 27.
69. Li CH, Liao PL, Shyu MK, Liu CW, Kao CC, Huang SH, Cheng YW, Kang JJ. Zinc oxide nanoparticles induced intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expressionrequires Rac1/Cdc42, mixed-lineage kinase 3, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in endothelial cells. Toxicol Sci. 2012 Mar;126(1):162-72. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfr331. Epub 2011 Dec 13.
70. Lee CC, Huang SH, Yang YT, Cheng YW, Li CH, Kang JJ. Motorcycle exhaust particles up-regulate expression of vascular adhesion molecule-1 and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2012 Jun;26(4):552-60.